LANcet Chat is free software for real-time message exchange over a local network (LAN). With it, you don’t need to install a chat server. All participants can connect at any time and see each other automatically. Just run the chat on every computer and have fun.
Chat can freely maintain over 20 users at the same time. The only limitation is that you have to be inside a single subnet without software/hardware routers between the users who want to participate.
The main features of LANcet Chat:
- No need for pre-configuration;
- No need for an allocated server, it works in conference style, therefore all participants have equal rights;
- Chat can start automatically with Windows and stay in the system tray (near the clock) waiting for messages throughout the whole day without disturbing you;
- Private messages can be sent;
- Standard emoticons allowed;
- Popup windows and sounds will inform you of a new incoming message or when a new user appears in your contact list;
- Antiboss system allows you to hide Chat from your desktop by pressing the <Esc> key. As quick as you hid it, you can restore the Chat window using your own secret key combination;
- Simple contact list control allows you to ignore all messages from some boring or non-interesting interlocutors.
Just download, install, and chat!